Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 6 - Good News, Bad News

So I'll start with the bad news first. Thursday night, as previously mentioned, I had pre-existing reservations at the new restaurant downtown, Graffiato by Top Chef's Mike Isabella. If it was a traditional Italian restaurant, I could have found Veal Marsala or something similar, eaten my way through some protein and been fine. But since this is "small plate" Italian, it was pretty hard to get more than one or two plates that were pasta/risotto free. Oh well, for the record, the risotto is excellent, and the pepperoni sauce is worth the hype.

It was only a small fall off the wagon though, so I wasn't too disappointed in myself. And it was tempered even further by the fact that in my Thursday morning workout, I was able to jog a mile for the first time in probably 10 years. Total surprise to me, but I just kept going on the treadmill.

Since then, I've been able to get back fully on the program. Even if the food isn't the tastiest ever (I miss salt!), I've stuck to my egg whites, chicken caesar salads, and ground beef with portobello mushroom meals. And I drink enough water to keep a shark alive.

So the best news of the week. Today I gave in and did my first weigh-in. On morning 6 of the program, I'm down 5.6 pounds! To be fair I know its a lot of water weight probably, but still, it did feel good to see a significantly lower number on that scale. Maybe I will just stick with this for a little while and see if I can't make some real headway.

No comments:

Post a Comment